cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Renewal

Why do BT make it so challenging to try and renew a broadband contract at anything remotely close to the level that they offer to new customers?

I don't want to sit on the phone haggling with people, but can't seem to find a way to actually just do it via email. Currently paying best part of £60 for my broadband 73mbs (no fttp where I am but decent rural connection as my house is next to the BT box) I have no major issues with my service from BT and don't really want to leave but equally feel that the cost is excessive for what I get. I get a basic router which is fine, but no WiFi extenders etc.

I don't really want to move to another provider, historically I've found the general quality of customer services to be good. But it's a little frustrating when my "personalised offers" are over double the new customer rate.

Does anyone have an email address. If not I think it's just easier to switch to another provider than fanny around on the phone.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Renewal

There is no email address to renew your contract.

You could just do nothing and it will revert to a 30 day rolling contract on the same price as you have now minus any discounts you may have.

While you don't want to, the best way is to phone BT 0330.1234.150 and ask for the  BT Retentions Team. Arm yourself with the prices for new customers and that of new deals with other providers and be prepared to leave BT if you do not get a better deal.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I know youve said a couple times you dont want to leave, and I get that its a pain isnt it, changing router, dealing with the hand over to a new ISP who you may not enjoy the same customer experience with. Reality is though, best pricing is usually found when moving, you will find numerous posts on these forums of people complaining of the same issue, why doesnt BT help existing customers in the same way it does new ones....But its not just BT, everyone does that, thats why sites like uSwitch exist and similar.

I like being with BT but if I cant get a good deal in 18 more months time the reality is I will have to move to someone else with the intention of moving back to BT, if they'll have me what with the EE thing going on. I might try and find a 12 month contract elsewhere.

If you dont get anywhere with the number provided above then moving might be the best financial decision, just avoid Vodafone.....jeee wiz that was a bad experience. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

One thing to consider is the timing of the renewal. The prices/deals available changed as I got closer to the end of my previous contract. I would be looking for something less than £30 per month for a plain broadband service with no phone or extras. If BT can't do that, then look elsewhere - you get to keep your email, and the cloud storage is being discontinued in any case, so that's no longer a reason to stay.

0 Ratings