cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Return of Equipment

Go to solution

I recently had fibre broadband installed.  Since then I have been constantly harassed to return equipment (the  router according to my online account).  But if I do return it I don't understand how the system can operate as the engineer plugged it into a socket (ONT) on the wall.  What on earth is going on - or have I missed something?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Return of Equipment

Go to solution

@Harryo1 

Did you already have an existing BT Home Hub from an earlier BT Broadband package?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thak you for the quick response.  The answer is "yes".  Maybe I should have been given a new router?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

So you used your existing BT Smart Hub, was it a Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Yes it was - I've just checked.  But this is the one that they want back, according to my account.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

That does seem a bit odd. Did you request a phone service (BT Digital Voice), as they would normally send a Smart Hub 2 as part of the order, as its needed for a phone service?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I understood that there was no option but to take digital voice as the existing landline was to be made inoperable as a consequence of moving to fibre. But from what you say, I wonder if BT assumed that a new router has been provided and they automatically chase for return of the old one.  I did intend to ignore the demands for return but I don’t now think I should or could.  It seems that there is no e mail address for BT which I can use as every request  from them says something like “don’t reply”.  Which, from a communications company is pretty ironic, particularly as, when I call, I keep getting told how busy they are and please try online. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to advise.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Many thanks for all your trouble.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Harryo1 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about the returns query. I'm sorry for any confusion. I can sort this out. I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe for raising.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings