cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Still getting reminders to return my BT broadband equipment weeks after it was returned

Go to solution

After ending my BT broadband contract I received a bag to return my equipment and so, as instructed, sent it back on 11th February 2022. I have since obtained confirmation via the Royal Mail website that it was delivered on 16th February 2022 (I retained proof of posting as advised). Despite this I continue to receive texts and emails from BT stating that my equipment has still not be returned (the latest ones today) and reminding me that I will be charged if it isn't.

I can't deny feeling a little irritated that, having completely fulfilled my obligations and sent the equipment back as I was asked, it still seemingly falls on me to chase the matter up and resolve it, even though the problem appears to have occurred at BT's end, given that the package was confirmed as having been delivered back.

I really don't want to be sending messages and/or making telephone calls for issues behind my control, and so would it be possible to let me know an easy and simple way to resolve this please?

Also, I wondered if it wouldn't make resolving this type of issue much easier in the future if on the text and/or email reminders that BT sends, there was a little tick box (or something similarly simple) to quickly and easily allow a customer to confirm the item had been returned, instead of forcing them to post messages like this one on the Community Forum or alternatively having to make telephone calls about the matter?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Still getting reminders to return my BT broadband equipment weeks after it was returned

Go to solution

You can wait for the system to update, once the warehouse receive it, the equipment is checked for damage, only then it gets scanned onto the system to stop the reminders and there might be a backlog, if it's causing you worry, you can call 0800 800 150, speak with the connections team and provide the tracking reference, they can update manually once they veify it's returned, you'll then get an email to confirm this and the reminders stop.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Still getting reminders to return my BT broadband equipment weeks after it was returned

Go to solution

I'm in the same boat, I returned some kit on the 21/2 and the post office track and trace system tells me it was delivered the following day but it's still showing as outstanding on MyBT.

Perhaps @SeanD or one of the other mods could assist ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Always_Blue  and @Les-Gibson, sorry you're been chased for equipment to be returned after you've already returned it.

I've sent you both a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to get this updated for you.

Cheers

John