cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Switching from EE to BT

I was persuaded to witch from EE to BT after moving house and the EE person told me that i would be refunded the cancellation fee which EE charge me (120.99) either by instant payment or i could choose for this to be refunded monthly from my bills.   The EE operator even gave me an email address to send the final bill to btswitching, i have received no word and no refund or deduction from my bills.  Who do i go to rather than hanging over the phone for an hour to try and sort?  is there an email address that someone from BT may possibly reply to?

has anyone else had this issue how did you get it sorted?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Switching from EE to BT

I would have expected EE to waive any cancellation fees and not expect BT to refund money it never had.  Have you tried contacting EE and ask for refund

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I haven't contacted EE but I was told by the guy who set up the switch over that the only way to get round it was to get BT to refund it/pay for the cancellation. All very odd but I wouldn't of struck the deal in the first place if it was going to cost me 120

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @brewski79 and welcome to our community.

Did you place your order online via the switchers link or was it placed over the phone? Did you email bt-switchteam@bt.com. When did you send the email? Can you check you used the correct email address.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi David

I did the switch over the phone, however, I noticed the email addres I sent it to did not contain the - hyphen (bt-switch) so possibly they haven't received it. I e forwarded to that address so Wil see if I get a reply.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6

That should hopefully reach them @brewski79

Any issues, come back to us.

Thanks,

DanielS

0 Ratings