cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 118

Re: Trouble activating Xbox game pass offer

Go to solution

Hi Leane,

Thanks for replying.  The problem is that I ring the number ending 150 and select option 1 as instructed it then gives me more options. If I select option 2 as instructed it decides I have a broadband problem and runs diagnostics.  It can't find a fault and wants to restart my hub which then stops my call as I am rural and access mobile by WiFi. It does give me the option to stop the restart but then puts me in a long queue with no confidence that I will get through to the right people.

The help area you linked me to doesn't help much as none of the categories reflect my issue as it is not broadband, it is not TV, it is not TNT Sport etc.  Most seem to suggest ringing 150 so back in a loop.

I just need to message someone and ask them to start my 6 month free xbox pass and give them the relevant Microsoft account for my son.

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 118

Go to solution

Hi @Dregeda 

Sorry we have no account access on the community to activate this for you. 

Do you have the Game Pass included with a broadband or mobile contract?

Leanne.

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 118

Go to solution

Hi Leanne,

It is with my BT Broadband

I have had a number of issues since I renewed it a few months ago.  All the problems have gradually been fixed and this is the last one.  It seems to be a fairly common problem and one would have thought it would just require a simple form to complete and then action taken behind the scenes.

It doesn't help that most people are surprised that I wasn't switched to EE on renewal but the anti virus made it cheaper on BT

0 Ratings
Message 104 of 118

Go to solution

I see, thanks very much @Dregeda 

You can use the 'message us' option on the get in touch page here, or give us a call on 0330 1234 150

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 118

Go to solution

I received an email telling me to activate my X Box game pass in 14 days. The registration page says 'down for maintenance' and has done for over a week and judging by these posts probably never worked despite the offer being advertised to new customers. I tried the phone number on the page but that is just general technical support which results in a scan to see if my broadband is set up ok and reconnecting me to the BT hub which clearly is nothing like my issue. The various bots do not accept a free text question or allow me to connect to an operator. The main help line has at least a 45 minute wait time. I really do not think it is acceptable to offer services that cannot be accessed as part of a deal. Please publish a solution to this.

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 118

Go to solution

Hi Idsweb,

It has been down for maintenance for several weeks so there is clearly a problem that has been outstanding for months

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 118

Go to solution

You have two options depending on how quickly you need your game pass.

Option 1 is to ring the number, let them do a broadband test, hit 1 to stop hub reboot and then wait 30 minutes to be connected to someone.  They will spend 1 minute checking your identity and then 1 minute sorting out the issue.  You will then need to wait up to 7 days for an activation code.  That's where I am at the moment so fingers crossed.

Option 2 is to make a complaint.  This will get a number and forces BT to respond.  Within a couple of days you will get a text telling you someone will ring in a few minutes. They will ring you and fix the problem.  If not convenient ignore phone call and they will repeat a couple of days later.  You will still have to wait up to 7 days for the activation code I assume.

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 118

Go to solution
I will try one of those but I am inclined to make a complaint anyhow, thanks for the advise.
0 Ratings
Message 109 of 118

Go to solution

Same here it’s nearly been a year and I want to redeem it now but I get the same error message, what do I do ? 

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 118

Go to solution

Hi @giorgio2 

Welcome to the community.

If you've not been able to claim online, please contact our customer service guides, and they can fill in a form to get the Game Pass arranged for you.

You can see how to reach the team on our Contact Us page.

Michael

0 Ratings