cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

deleting an old BT account

after being moved from BT fibre, to EE, then back to BT again in the space of a month, i have been given a new bt account number with my services, how do i delete my old bt account, it is very annoying when i log in online or on the my bt app. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: deleting an old BT account

Good morning @Craigyuk

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the older account showing on your BTID profile.  Our guides in the helpdesk will be able to help get the old account removed for you.  Give them a call on 0330 1234 150 and post back to let me know how you get on chatting with them 🙂

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Robbie thanks for getting back to me. I was on the phone to BT this morning to swap my landline number, after that had been sorted, I asked if I could get my id removed from my old account number, he said they have had LOADS of complaints about the same thing, and there isn't anything that can be done at the moment, but hopefully in the new year there should be an easy Resolution, they have tried removing old accounts in the past and it has messed up the customers new account etc, so looks like I may have to wait till next year. It's very annoying really, because when I log in online, it shows my old account and says I have no products etc, when I click on my new account, it isn't showing my new broadband & & landline or anything. Also the "My BT" isn't working for me anymore, when I try log in it just says error. So basically I cannot do anything with my account and products. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for posting back @Craigyuk

Sorry you're still having this problem and thank you for giving the helpdesk a shout.  Click the following link where you'll see a message from me.  Reply to that and we'll get back to you as soon as we possibly can. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings