cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 141

Re: Email disconnections have returned

I'm now also being logged out again, about twice a day, I think, but I don't use my PC all day every day, so it's hard to be precise. This is less often than when the fault first appeared, but more often than in a brief lull when I seemed to stay logged in for a few days at a time. It's much more often than once a week, which was what happened before this issue arose.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 141

@PeterE17 

The moderators have been ominously quiet.  Surely someone knows something and can give us poor suffering customers a glimmer of hope. 

Where (and why) are you hiding?

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 141

Email disconnections have returned

Wonder of wonders - something good has happened today!

When the BT email login page  appeared again for the third time today, instead of laboriously entering my address and password, it input it automatically.  It did it again the next time I logged in.  This is such a great saving of unnecessary detail and time.  Well done, BT.  If you have to sign in every time, this is the way forward.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 141

Things are getting better and better.   Fingers crossed, I've had no problems accessing my emails without multiple logins.  Moderators and BT technical staff  - thank you for resolving the problem - again.  (Collective sign of relief.)

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 141

I take it all back - I spoke too soon.  The automatic sign-in has disappeared.  I've just had to log in for the fourth time today.  Just when I thought BT had solved the problem, it's back to square one.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 141

I'm also disappointed to find that I am back to having to keep logging in. Happened once yesterday (but I was out most of the day) and once so far this afternoon (I wasn't using the PC until after lunch).

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 141

Hi @Sue036, sorry you're getting logged out again. Were you logged out after a short period of time or was your email account inactive over 2 hours?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 141

I can't be certain how long I was away from my desk, but it might have been two hours ... but was that the question? If I used my PC but not my emails within the two hours does that mean my email account was still inactive? In any event, I didn't have to log in when I first turned my PC on at lunchtime, and that was well over 12 hours since I'd last used it. 

The thing is, though, I wouldn't expect to be logged out at all.

Message 49 of 141

Hi @Sue036, can you check that the 'keep me signed in' is selected as then you should not be logged out, unless you explicitly sign out, for 14 days

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 141

To be sure I'm going to log out now and back in again, ensuring that the box is ticked. Will report back once I know what's happened, either way!

0 Ratings