cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bt digital voice problem

Go to solution

I have lost my landline phone connection while BT switch me over to BT digital voice. My new broadband and digital voice was due to be installed on 24 Feb 2022 but was delayed until the 1st of March 2022. I now have my Full Fibre broadband but not  my Digital Voice. I have been unable to make or receive calls since 24 Feb 2022. I contacted Bt soon after I noticed I had a problem with my landline on about 27 Feb. I was told the the transfer to Digital voice is "robotic ".It says on my order  tracking that I on 24 Feb 2022 my Digital voice was activated ( even before I had Full Fibre broadband. I spoke again to Bt call centre on Saturday 5th March about my landline problem . Still not fixed! Can someone  help and tell me what " transfer is robotic " means. Does someone have to program the  "Robot " to connect me to Digital Voice. Sorry to go on!

Daiveyp

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt digital voice problem

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

did you get a free DV phone from BT?  if so did you pair it with the SH2?

have you tried connecting your existing phone to the phone socket on back of SH2 - you may need to remove sticker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Check the SH2 admin page and make sure the "Phone" tile is blue not grey and that your number is visible.

To do this, open a browser and enter 192.168.1.254 into the address bar

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Les-Gibson

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Regards

Daiveyp

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hello

Thanks for the information.

I am now connected to Digital Voice.

So now BT can send me my so called " free " Digital Home phones.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Daiveyp

0 Ratings