Message 1 of 17

Call waiting

Go to solution

There is a general lack of useful information about the digital handsets. Am I correct in thinking that if I get a call waiting beep I need to hang up the first and then the second one will come through?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 3 of 17

Re: Call waiting

Go to solution

Many thanks. It's pity this wasn't provided with the handsets

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

I don’t have DV , so don’t know what does and doesn’t come with it ( as fas as instructions ) but it’s fairly common not to include an instruction book with new electronics , but simply provide a URL or a Q code on the packaging to get the online version 

TBH, I searched for DV user guide ( or something like that ) , it didn’t take much finding 

Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
I do have DV which came with a basic setup guide so installation was simple. As @initous has said it very easy to find the complete manual online and on page 17 it says:

Call Waiting
If you’re on a call, you’ll hear beeps when
other calls are trying to get through.
Press Reject to carry on your
conversation. Or press Switch to
answer the new call (so your first call
will go on hold).
To go back to your original call, press
Switch again or, to bring both calls
together into a 3-way call, press Join.
If you have other handsets set up
and are using Multi Call, they’ll also
ring. Tip: press Ignore on these other
handsets to stop the ringing sound.

RIC9380
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

@unhappy001 - I'm on analogue, so have to use the Recall button to do the switching/joining when the beeps go. Recall uses pulse dialling, which I believe is not supported by BT Digital Voice (although it appears that Virgin Media's Fibre Voice service does allow it). Therefore, the digital handsets don't have a Recall button and presumably use a different technology to achieve this function. I assume, likewise, that an analogue phone connected to the hub will do nothing if Recall is pressed.

However, I can also (as you suggested) hang up the call I'm on, which will end the current call and generate ringing for the incoming call, for me to pick up. I assume that works on Digital Voice, even with an analogue phone.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Simple question, which button do I press to accept a call while already on a call from hearing the call waiting bleeps? 

I am on digital voice handset. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @sea2dog, if you have the Advanced Digital Home phone check out page 17 on the user guide: BT-Advanced-Digital-Home-Phone-User-Guide.pdf

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
I've seen that but it doesn't explain which button to press.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution
Also, how do I know if I have an advanced phone or not?
0 Ratings