cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 35

Digital Voice - Distortion / Crackle

Has anyone experienced sound distortion or crackling with their digital voice service. I’ve had this for a few days now (could it be cold weather related, but as it’s over the internet I didn’t assume so). 

I’ve rebooted the hub, which worked for a day and then it’s come back.  The other person can hear me ok, but their voice breaks up when they speak. Checked my DECT handsets which are connected with a digital voice adaptor and no issues with them.

help! 

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35

Re: Digital Voice - Distortion / Crackle

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 35

@Neilyboy72 wrote:

Checked my DECT handsets which are connected with a digital voice adaptor and no issues with them.

By DECT handset I presume they are not the ones supplied free which connect to the SH2

are they your existing cordless phones and the base station is connected to a DV adapter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 35

Hi there, yes I have 3 DECT handsets which I’d had previously. They are connected via a DV adaptor and have been working fine until 3 days ago. A reboot of the hub solved my problem (as someone suggested) but the problem came back the following day. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 35

Possibly due to interference between two separate DECT networks. Did you try turning the DV adapter off and then on again?

Have you also tried doing the same for your handset base station?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 35

Try plugging the base unit into the back of the Hub to take the DVA out of the equation.

Do you not have any of the free DV handsets?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 35

Hi there

I sadly can’t do that, as I’m in a new build, the hub is on a shelf, inside a cupboard, and no where near where the main phone base station is or needs to be. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 35

Thank you, I’ve replied below, but if your explanation is correct, why has my service worked fine for 6 months and only started doing this 3 days ago? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 35

Apologies for multiple replies, yes to all your questions. Hub restarted, DV adaptor switched off and on again, all handsets unplugged and restarted.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 35

I sadly can’t do that, as I’m in a new build, the hub is on a shelf, inside a cupboard, and no where near where the main phone base station is or needs to be. 

The adapter is probably too far away from the home hub, and the DECT signal level is too low.

0 Ratings