cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 56

Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi .My phone service has ceased working for six weeks since I was changed over to digital voice,the broadband is ok .When I ring the number I get an answer machine on which you leave messages but I can’t access it to listen to any that has been left. I am flabbergasted by BT customer service who promise to call me back and never do ,I sent an email to the head of open reach whose secretary put me in touch with a high level customer complaints advisor who has contacted me on a number of occasions with no noticeable outcomes to our conversations.Is there any one out there who can actually  look at this problem  with a view to  come up with a working solution.

Phil Tudor

0 Ratings
55 REPLIES 55
Message 2 of 56

Re: Digital Voice

Go to solution

Did you get a free digital voice phone FROM BT. when moved to digital voice?  Did you try connecting your existing phone from previous wall socket to green socket on back of hub?

As you are now dealing with Executive Level Complaints then you need to continue with them as mods will not get involved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 56

Go to solution
Hi Disinguished Sage
All that you mentioned has been done , the silence from above is deafening, although I do receive emails from various depts saying you are now good to go but they don’t say where to ,an ordinary telephone call would be more appreciated.
Phil Tudor

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 56

Go to solution

Ditto! 8 weeks with no landline connection in my case. Perhaps I should try an email to Open Reach too, although I have little confidence given your experience. So frustrating isn’t it.

Message 5 of 56

Go to solution

@KLH  You need to perserver chasing BT there is no point in contacting Openreach as if there is a line fault  it is up to BT to chase them.

Message 6 of 56

Go to solution
Hi Bob 1001 .
Thanks for your input ,I’m pretty sure it’s not a line fault as everything was ok till I was changed over to digital voice , which I am now advised the technical staff which they call contractors are to perform a re set.Here’s hoping.
Phil T
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 56

Go to solution
Hi KLH
I am informed by the high level complaints team that there will be a reset to the equipment that I am connected to although no time frame advised.Here’s hoping.
Message 8 of 56

Go to solution

Hi Phil. Fingers crossed for you 🤞. My rant has been picked up by the moderation team who I’m hoping will get back to me… unlike the help/fault line teams over the past 8 weeks!

As a matter of interest, when you go into Hub Manager (192.168.1.254) is your phone section greyed out with the words “not configured”? From other posts I’ve seen on this forum the phone section should be blue, otherwise the transfer to DV hasn’t been completed. I’ve pointed this out during many of my calls only to be told its not the cause of DV failure.

It’ll be interesting to hear how you get on. I’ll keep you posted on mine too.

Kay

Message 9 of 56

Go to solution
Hi KLH
I have noticed this myself which i take to be that the connection is not completed to the digit voice network.
Phil T
Message 10 of 56

Go to solution
Hi KLH, I am back on line now after forty six days ,I was contacted by customer resolution team after I escalated my complaint.This turned out to be a lady who was on off days or on leave who booked my complaint off as now rectified.I eventually managed to speak to another handler called James who listened to me took all the details and studied the reports .Within two hours he called me on the said problem home phone line with the problem sorted ,I am waiting to hear what the clear was as I am now claiming compensation.Phil T
0 Ratings