cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 56

Re: Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi Phil5253,

My BT account shows the order as Complete on Wednesday 25th May ... 

Philip

(In French France my Livebox shows our provisioned landline number on the router status page, so I was / am expecting something similar. It shouldn't be rocket science ...)

Philip
Message 22 of 56

Go to solution

@philip42h 

if your DV is configured then you should see your phone number in hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 23 of 56

Go to solution

Hi Phil & Philip

Welcome to the club Philip! I wonder how many more are in the same situation.

Just to update you. As I suspected, the engineer was cancelled on Monday but, after a follow-up call from BT on Tuesday, an engineer visit was re-arranged for today. Robert the engineer was very thorough and arranged a call divert to my mobile, looked at the whole set-up and changed the out-of- date phone socket but unsurprisingly still couldn’t achieve a connection. He then phoned Openreach who confirmed that their system shows my line as being successfully activated and transferred to DV on 16 March. However Robert, not being one for taking no for an answer, questioned them further and demanded action which has led to escalation to the Tech Team who will look again into the fault. I have been promised a call back on 1 June with the outcome - by that time it’ll be 12 weeks!!

I can only say that if you get Robert on your case (I’m in SE London) I think you stand a good chance of success. Bless him, he’s even asked me to phone him with an update next week so he can follow up if necessary!

Keep onto them Philip… don’t give up.

Kay

Message 24 of 56

Go to solution

@imjolly 

Thanks for that.

Thus far I have not yet tried a BT DV handset (or adapter) but only one of my original 'phones. However, I assume that until DV is properly provisioned and my 'phone number is visible in the hub manager BT's DV DECT handsets won't work either?

(The agent I was speaking to was very keen that I try with a BT supplied DV handset)

Philip

Philip
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 56

Go to solution

Forgot to mention that on Monday I reported the situation to the ombudsman as a last resort

Message 26 of 56

Go to solution

@KLH 

Cheers Kay - at one level this is really quite amusing; on another ...

I really can't see how this "failure to correctly provision DV" issue could be fixed by an engineer visit. The problem has been caused 'remotely' and I rather suspect that it needs to 'fixed' in the same way - unless we need new, improved hubs of course (but I rather doubt it).

Also, I am an FTTP customer. Are all members of this club also FTTP customers? Or, maybe, all DV victims are FTTP customers?

Philip

Philip
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 56

Go to solution

You’re correct Philip - the engineer can’t fix it, but without the engineer’s input BT just don’t listen to the customer. The times I’ve been sent new equipment (to date 2 adapters, 4 digital phones, 3 SH2s, plus 2 engineers and 2 Home Tech Experts) and then been told I must have set up the system wrongly - was even told the engineer must be wrong when I pointed out that he’d said it was set up correctly! So sorry, I don’t hold out any hope of your new DV phone working - you appear to be going down the same route as me.

Btw, I’m told I’m FTTC.

Message 28 of 56

Go to solution

@philip42h 

you will be able to pair your new DV phones until hub is showing your phone number signifying DV active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 29 of 56

Go to solution
Hi KLH
I’m ok now all working well since about a week ago now,you need to escalate your problem to a higher authority which is the way I went with an email directly to Clive Selley who is the C E O look at openreach management structure on Google all the info is there .
Phil5253
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 56

Go to solution

@imjolly   I suspect when you said "you will be able to pair your new DV phones until hub is showing your phone number signifying DV active" you meant "you will NOT be able to pair your new DV phones until hub is showing your phone number signifying DV active". These little negatives can be very vexing, but I understood what you meant ...

Philip

Philip
0 Ratings