cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 39

Re: Digital voice incoming call issues

Go to solution

Yes I was told that my complaint was already with the correct department so they would leave it be. 

Spoken with BT again today and been told that it is not a porting issue. My complaint has been raised with Openreach now.

once again no real answer just another department and asked to wait another 48 working hours!!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 39

Go to solution

@Albatewrote:

Yes I was told that my complaint was already with the correct department so they would leave it be.

Take the mod support offer.

@Albatewrote:

Spoken with BT again today and been told that it is not a porting issue. My complaint has been raised with Openreach now.

Unless you have a fault with your broadband or a crossed line, Openreach can do nothing to help with Digital Voice, take the mod suport offer.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 39

Go to solution

I have and the Mod told me my complaint was already with the right department and he would leave it with them.

I have had to call BT again as I had no update from anyone.

I have been told already that Openreach won’t do anything but someone needs to tell BT this. I don’t know what else to do other than give it another 48 working hours and call again. 

Either someone isn’t telling the truth or BT have no clue what is wrong with my phone in which case we might have no option that to cancel our service.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 39

Go to solution

Another update.

I have called BT again.

Contradicting what I was told last time I have been told that there is a porting issue and someone is looking into it. Once again I have been asked to give them time to sort the issue out, but this time they have asked me to give them another week!!!!

It is getting beyond a joke now. How long can I give BT when they keep giving me different stories and contradicting themselves.

I can’t even get through to the same call centre when I call never mind speaking to the same person. There is no consistency at all. 

I have tried contacting a Mod again but no reply.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Albate, I'm sorry that you were not contacted back by the team dealing with your complaint. As I said in my reply to your initial contact PM your case is with our team in Dundee and they are best placed to help you with this.
I've checked and can see that the porting issue was that the initial port was done with an incorrect prefix. They have requested this to be corrected and it is due to be fixed on the 14th.

Cheers

John  

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 39

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thankyou. You indeed did. But why on 1st July did BT tell me that the porting issue had been looked at and there was no issue? 

I Was told after chasing again that it would now be 14th.

Did the person I spoke to on 1st lie to me because they had no answer? 

My parents have had to resort to sending me a text so that we can call them as they cannot phone me. 

I want to know why we have had a faulty service for a month and why BT could not be honest and get this sorted rather than constant give us 48 hours.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Albate, the information at that time was that the porting team had said there was no issue and the port was completed successfully. 
The team then had to investigate the fault further. They they found that the error was that the number was ported with an incorrect prefix. They then went back to the porting team to get the number ported with the correct prefix. 

I appreciate that it's taking longer than is should but please be assured they will get this resolved. I'm sorry that they didn't keep you updated and you had to call in to find out what was happening.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 39

Go to solution

Thanks for explaining this John.

Fingers crossed for 14th.

Message 19 of 39

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

I have had an email closing my case but nothing has changed. We are still unable to receive calls from non digital lines. 

Called again to be told that I need to wait until Monday for a call back when the right team is available.

This is getting beyond a joke and I am convinced that BT have no clue what is going on.

Is there an ombudsman I can go to as we have had a faulty service for a month now. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 39

Go to solution
You cannot go to the Ombudsman unless you've raised a formal complaint, and gone through all of the stages set out in the document here: https://www.bt.com/bt-plc/assets/documents/about-bt/policy-and-regulation/our-governance-and-strateg...
0 Ratings