cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Digital voice

Landline after FTTP

In January I renewed our contract with BT for a telephone and broadband service. I had a copper connection with three wired telephones and a smarthub for the internet service.

During a call on the landline, a conversation could be shared by another person by picking up one of the other phones in the house.

Since the new contract started, we can no longer share a conversation with another telephone.

The installation is FTTP, fibre coming to an openreach modem with a connection to a smarthub and the first telephone plugged into the socket at the back of the smarthub. The other two telephones are connected to the smarthub via 2 digital voice adapters.

How can we configure the new installation to allow a shared conversation?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Digital voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

@RERudd 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Only by connecting all phones to the socket on the back of the smart hub 2, by using a phone splitter, the DV adapter uses the DECT channel, and not the ATA adapter on the Smart Hub 2.

I do not think its possible to link the two on the same path.

If the wired phones were originally on extensions, then you can put them back there, and simply connect your extension wiring to the socket on the home hub, as described in the FAQ.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

if you have a DV phone then your need to go to settings and turn off multi-call to just a single and that should help

this is already mentioned in the DV FAQ already posted by @jac_95 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

What is a phone splitter?  If you are correct, then the service is not the same as when on copper. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Phone splitter, like this, all phones plug into the same socket.

This may not be any good if the phones are too far apart.

Capture.JPG

Otherwise you would have to connect your extension wiring into the back of the home hub. Its no different to connecting it to your original phone socket.

Try what @imjolly  has suggested, provided you have one of the BT DV phones.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Two of our telephones are BT Decor 2200v2 and BT Decor 2600. We use these because we use Hands free when we are together in the same room or pick up if we are on another floor.

when we pick up now, the picked up phone does not connect to the call. I have looked at the manual very carefully and don’t see any options relevant to this problem. 
this post seems to beg more questions than answers. 
thanks for your help so far. By the way, we are well into our eighties!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

BT DV has the ability to make and receive a call on different phones at the same time.  so when you are on a call and pick up one of your other phone that phone connects to your second 'line'  this is due to call settings being set to multi call and you need to change this to single and you should then be able to use extension like before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

@imjolly 

What happens if you do not have the BT DV phone, as they are not supplied free any more?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@imjolly 

What happens if you do not have the BT DV phone, as they are not supplied free any more?

I am not sure and I don't have DV anymore so cannot try it on normal phone