cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Post Full Fibre Switching to SIP

Go to solution

Hello All,

I'm seriously considering switching from Digital Voice to SIP.  Post switchover I will need to cancel all voice related products with BT.  I'm keen to learn from fellow community members of any obstacles that must be surmounted.  In my case charges that need ceasing will include Voicemail with Call Protect and Calling Plan charges.

For some strange reason BT can only process one customer specific order at a time; consequently, I'm prevented from renewing my line rental saver until post switchover to full fibre!  I'd like to avoid making further mistakes by grouping all changes within one order.

Thank you in anticipation.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Post Full Fibre Switching to SIP

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

before your switch to FTTP you will need to move your phone number assuming you intend to keep it.  if you are in existing broadband and phone contract which appear to be the case then you need to move phone first which will cancel your existing broadband contract.  then assuming out of contract and not incurring cancellation charges you can start a new FTTP broadband only contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

@Michael_Taylor 

Ceasing your phone service will cease your broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Thankyou @imjolly .

My future SIP Provider advised that I need to keep my phone contract alive for them to novate.  Consequently, I'm taking on FTTP with DV and then moving my voice over to SIP.  Prematurely cancelling one's phone line indeed breaks one's broadband and need to be avoided.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

if you start an FTTP broadband with DV phone contract and then move number to VOIP provider you will immediately cancel your FTTP contract and be subject to cancellation charges.  you may be able to negotiate something with BT or you may not

Better to move to VOIP provider before moving to FTTP.  then just take out FTTP contract with no DV phone connection

ie Broadband only contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly 

After numerous conversations I have had it confirmed that after upgrading to "Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3 with DV", I am free to cancel DV at any time without penalty.  After the post upgrade 14-day cooling off period, contract cessation penalties only apply to FTTP; not DV.

Thankyou Ryan@BT Doncaster.

Fantastic!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

that's a big step forward and how it should be.  will be interesting on update when you do make the change to see if goes as smoothly as you suggest

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

It would be nice to obtain some Moderator ratification of my findings for the benefit of other customers.

Will post consequences of post migration number porting having thoroughly tested SIP over a temporary number.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

@Michael_Taylor 

I agree and have already raised the question

0 Ratings