Ability to upload own avatar

Ability to upload own avatar

Hi Everyone

Thought I would kick off the ideas with a suggestion mentioned on the community some time ago - the ability to personalise avatars by uploading an image of your choice.  At the moment you all get to choose an avatar from a selection that we provide.  Would you like the ability to upload your own picture to use as an avatar?

Rate this idea if you like it and add a comment to let us know what you think.

Tags (1)
16 Comments
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert

Yes it would be a great boon. At the moment there are not too many avatars and a quick look through the different threads show that many contributors are using the same avatar. A, generally, unique avatar does help to spot your own posts and those of other posters that you are interested in.

wedding

KerryG
Community Manager - Retired

Thanks for the comment wedding! Good point about identifying your own posts.

What does everyone else think?

Kerry

KerryG
Community Manager - Retired
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed

Soulvache
Aspiring Expert

Yes, I guess this would be a good idea provided that the size (dimension and file size limits) were reasonable and not too ridiculous! I've seen forums where this wasn't moderated and it made the forum look a mess!

Kyle

blooty
Contributor

Brilliant idea!!

ComputerGeek
Expert

I could have a picture of my Cat on here, oooh would love that!!

reme8488
Aspiring Expert

It would be nice to be able to upload my own avatar.  As has been mentioned by wedding having your own unique avatar helps distinguish between posters.

H_Dawg
Aspiring Expert

The 8-ball crew agree with this post.

DS
Distinguished Guru

Hmm, did anyone spot a user with their own avatar about 15 mins ago 😮

(Guess this person knows something we don't! Although it now shows a standard forum one)

Good idea btw

hamish72
Recognised Expert

I'm all for that it works well in many forums  as long as content is controlled