BT Usage Monitor

The Plusnet (BT subsiidiary) Usage Monitor is more sophisticated than that offered by BT. Can we please have the BT one updated to provide similar facilities. The desirable features are

1. Usage displayed ony 2hours out of date

2. Usage this month broken down on a daily basis.

3. Usage breakdown by activity showing surfing, email, streaming, FTP, Peer to Peer etc.

4. The ability to put a cap on usage so that the user does not go over their monthly allowance. 

65 Comments
clothtabs
Aspiring Contributor

It's been over 2 years since this idea was posted and it's status was raised to awaiting more feedback.

Hasn't BT had enough feedback by now, or are they not really interested in improving their usage monitor ?

It's time the idea status was updated.

clothtabs
Aspiring Contributor

Correction, it's been over 3 years since this idea was posted.

Clearly BT aren't interested in this idea or this forum !

Fansapurkar
Beginner

If we get text message also to confirm usage. Also set sms or email to exeed usage or any limit so to avoide dispute and over usage.

vofsanity
Contributor

A1944 has made the following discovery :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Usage-Monitor-interesting-discovery/m-p/1619276

This facility was available 01-01-2014( see post above) but I reported it withdrawn in my post above on the ‎23-09-2014 12h55.

Let us hope that it will also be restored to unlimited customers.

feegee
Contributor

Image result for shocked emoticon Wow, almost 5 years ago when this was first suggested and there has still been nothing noteworthy done about the inferior usage monitor !!! My guess is that BT don't want to because it would give customers more control over their own usage (especially in cases of dispute)   ....... oops, hang on here, maybe that's the plan, don't let them know what they use then we can rake it in                                                                

Related image