Custom Labels on the Forum

Custom Labels on the Forum

0 Ratings
I'd rather not be labeled as an "Aspiring Expert"
I have no knowledge in complex matters that'd make me anywhere near an expert. I'd love an option for custom labels. For example I'm a gamer so labels like "Gamer, Online Gamer" or something on those lines.
For the more knowledgeable members "Pro, expert etc." It'll help identify and make members stand out more.
I was thinking even things you could type in yourself. Yes this could be abused by some but I doubt it would be to any high degree.
It gives us all the opportunity to be more "individual" here in the forum.
Thanks
Mark.
4 Comments
DavidM

Good idea MarkG33. I'll pass that up the chain for you.

Cheers

David

MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Thank you very much DavidM. Hopefully something as small as this will be taken in consideration as I think it's a neat idea and more personalised for every individual user. I'd like to add something also. You could keep the preset labels as I know that they change based upon how many times people post. But custom labels obviously being an option if people want it. So a choice really between the two. Thanks. Mark.
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Status changed to: Future Possibility

Hi MarkG33,

Thanks for taking the time to post an idea Smiley Wink

We are planning to revamp the community's ranking structure at some point in the near future, this will also look at changing the rank names.

It may be quite difficult to allow the ranking name to be controlled by the user but we will consider your idea and see if we can allow some user chosen options.

Thanks again Mark for sharing your ideas

Cheers

Sean

MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Thank you I understand about it being quite difficult. It'd be nice if there was some customization even if it was small. Good luck with the revamp as that'll be a big change and challenge. 🙂 Mark.