Get rid of pointless Indian Call Centres

Get rid of pointless Indian Call Centres

I've just come off the telephone to them and yet again all they do if provide BT with a first line of defence, lie and fob customers off. At no point do they even try to provide help, I'd put good money on the reason being that they can't as they are totally unqualified and are pointless from a customers perspective.

BT take heed, I refuse to spend one more minute of my time trying to hold a conversation with a call centre that obviously has a brief to ignore customers, lie and just read from a script.

All my own opinion and taken from experience.

Tags (1)
56 Comments
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert

I would prefer the jobs to stay in the UK.

if you do use offshore call centres then make sure the line is clear, there is little on no background noise in the call centre, and make sure agents don't have such strong accents that it makes it difficult to understand what they are saying.

Finally, train your staff and don't give them out of date scripts to follow.  Tell them about current issues like problems with HH5.

MissVictoria
Contributor

While BT (or any other company) insist on using Indian call centres they don't get my business. Vote with your feet.

I get a much much better customer experience since I switched to Sky. All calls answered by UK staff and dealt with to my satisfaction. They even sent out an engineer to my house on a Sunday to deal with a problem with On Demand. He turned up on time and fixed it.

EKMH
Aspiring Contributor

I have had the same problem this last week. I refuse to speak to them on the phone because i can't understand them so I insist on emails, each time it is a different person who picks us the thread and their technical knowledge is v.poor. A kind forum member directed me to a complaints form with the address is Durham, UK, but when they replied the persons name was Indian. When I further complained that they still had not effectively dealt with my complaints and the problems, and that I was going to switch to another provider with UK call centres miraciously the email came back from a "James Johnson"

Do me a favour, we all know its still from India, it just proves that they have to switch to English names to get people to trust them because nobody has any faith in their ability to solve problems. I really am going to switch when my contract expires. Plusnet have call centres in Sheffiled, and I know they are owned by BT, but I would feel more comfortable with them - they can't be any worse!

Mijwilks

I have moved house twice In my previous house it took BT 3 months to connect a phone line and internet. I spent hours on the phone with Indian people who didnt seem to know what to do. The engineers that were books on numerous occasions either didnt turn up or said they were not informed of what needed doing and went away again! It was a nightmare that caused me so much stress I became ill. I had no phone or internet during this period. I am now experiencing the same at this second address. The engineer was booked but didn't turn up and I am constantly talking to India. I am writing this while on hold with loud misic blasting out. WHT CAN'T WE HAVE A NUMBER IN THE UK AND BE ABLE TO CONTACT BT OVER HERE DIRECTLY. bt HAS A MONOPOLY AND IF I HAD ANY CHOICE I WOULKD NEVER EVER USE BT AGAIN. This property already had a line but I am unable to receive or make calls despite having a dialling tone. I am fearful that they will now tell me It is a fault I have to pay for. Any advice or help out there. I am a 68year old and cant take much more of this !!

Lost

Percy39D
Aspiring Contributor

Hi mijwilks. I feel for you but you need to post this problem on the phones section of the furum a moderator may be able to help you.

However if they deem that it is an BT Open reach  problem they may not, this forum is for BT Retail Customers but anything is better than getting on the BT faults service hampster wheel.

A word of warning, when an enginner arrives and finds a fault in the wiring inside the house they will charge you. Hope this helps,

coolpolitealex
Contributor

Their agenda is based on their pay and things that affect them so the pressure they are under can lead to so much patronizing and stonewalling, and people are different and communicating becomes problematic when your not understood and by just saying and believing whats on "their screeen, and they call you a liar, by constantly believing their screen over you.

#Especially if youi have written to them over and over again complaining about mistakes, and all the do is put you through to another dept and you have to type with one finger the exact same thing you said to the other dept.

speedtrip
Expert

sorry state of affairs indeed ....

keithwood57

I agree with all of the above. But the problem is greatly exacerbated  if, like me, you are hearing impaired.

I have spoken to the help centre (shortly to be renamed the no-blithering-help-at-all centre) several times and when I have to keep asking for things to be repeated I have either been patronised or treated like a doddering old fool (which may well be true, but I don’t need reminding of the fact).

I have NO, repeat NO, racial hang-ups at all, but I would like to be able to speak to someone who speaks English clearly, and is prepared to take the time to make things clear to me.

Further to this discussion I have on two occasions been told things which were simply not true. Surely lying is not in their job description?

Bartram1990
Aspiring Contributor

It's nice to see i'm not the only one frustrated with BT and their offshore helpdesks! Then again, maybe i'm one of thousands since it has recently been announced they have taken number 1 spot for most complaints... can't they see the problem? I bet the chap who took the decision to offshore and employ unqualified employees got a hefty bonus too!

I was recently discussing compensation with this fine helpdesk only to be hung up on when requesting to speak to a more senior engineer or manager... needless to say this went into my complaint.

Which btw, seems the best way to have things resolved, raised a complaint for having no help whatsoever, 3 days later got a phone call from a UK based bloke, very technical, new his stuff, problem resolved.  It's not rocket science what the problem is.

Can't they see the problem? Sigh...

redneck66

Totally agree with these Indian call centers not being fit for purpose,as soon as my contract runs out I will find another provider