People entering phone number automatically X'd out

People entering phone number automatically X'd out

I think this is something that would have to be implemented in conjunction with Lithium. There is a problem when people enter phone numbers or account numbers onto a searchable website. They could end up getting nuisance calls or worse.

Would it be possible for the software before accepting a post remove 9/10 digit numbers which start with a 01, but are not 08 numbers.

It would stop people having to edit their posts so much and make the forums a safer place to post. Similarly, account numbers (all starting with LC) could also be auto-blanked/not accepted.

I know it would be a hassle, but it might help some people who aren't so web-paranoid or quick editing their posts.

6 Comments
KerryG
Community Manager - Retired
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed
Thanks tommybobbins - great idea. What do others think? Do you also think this would be useful? Let me know. Thx Kerry
Patty-L
Recognised Expert

I think this is a good suggestion, in the user guidlines it says not to post personal information

but it appears not everyone reads them!!! (guidelines)

john46
Distinguished Sage

I think this  is a  good idea could it be  possible to edit VOL details as well  as sad by Patty -L  not every one reads the guide lines 

NinjaZXR
Contributor

Anything that stops people posting personal or private information is always a good thing.

Maybe even have a short reminder message pop up with what not to post for a new member's first couple of posts.

User Guidelines ? What User Guidelines ? 🙂

Rottie
Recognised Expert

I think this is a really good idea. 🙂 In fact, I'm sure I was one of the first (if not the first) people to suggest this in open fora and now the Mods are quick to edit out any personal info. 🙂

Well done Kerry and the team! 😄

shahidsaif
Beginner

i hope this is a nice idea . many many thanks for this ideas. this is very help full for the besion person.