cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Home Essentials

Go to solution

Hi All,

I was wondering if I could get some help as to where to go from now on. 

I've been receiving universal credit for the last two years and I've just found out that BT does an essential pack that is much cheaper than what I'm paying right now. I've tried doing the form online and it says I'm not eligible, I rang in and they also said I wasn't eligible and to contact DWP or accept a new contract of £25 to reduce my bill.

I contacted DWP and they said they are unsure as to why it is coming back as not eligible and that the error isn't on their part, basically got told to contact BT again to sort it out but BT says it is their fault. So I'm stuck at a cross road, and to cancel my current contract it is over £300, and I just don't have that money and my contract ends in 2024.

Could I please get some help or advice, being a mum to two young babies, any bill reduction is more than welcome.

Thanks for your time!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home Essentials

Go to solution

Are all names & the date of birth on the BT account correct? If there's a mis-match somewhere it will say ineligilble

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I doubled and tripled checked everything, all my details are correct and up to date. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @caahemi,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting your question.

I am sorry that we haven't been able to get you set up yet. When you try and order our Home Essentials packages, we send your date of birth, name and National Insurance number to the DWP. They then confirm that we have the correct details which lets us place the order. I had one very recently where our Customers surname was, for example, O'DanielS. The DWP said everything was fine but they actually had their name as ODanielS. Removing the apostrophe was all it took for the DWP to say yes, they are entitled to certain benefits.

I think it would be best if my team spoke with you about this. I'm going to send you a private message with some info that I need. It would be helpful it the DWP could send you exactly how they have spelt your name in case they, or we, have a different spelling.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @caahemi,

Thank you for speaking with me today. I managed to place that order for Home Essentials and sent you a confirmation email.

I'm sorry that the order process wasn't as smooth as it normally is.

If you need anything else or have any questions, please feel free to drop me a PM. 

Thanks,

Paddy