cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Game Pass Ultimate

Go to solution

My BT Broadband Contract came up for renewal a couple of days ago and I decided to stick with BT due to the years extra Game Pass (I've been a member of Game Pass since it started and have a subscription that ran until September 2023). The post at https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Xbox-Game-Pass-Ultimate-on-BT-Broadband/td-p/2156562 suggests that applying the code (which I got no problem) should simply add a year to my Game Pass subscription but when I did that I didn't get the extra year I was expecting, I think a single month was added.

I got in touch with MS support yesterday and they confirmed that my subscription still expires in 2023. Oddly the GP app gives an expiry date of Oct 2023 but the MS website says the subscription is managed by BT and that link tells me that my subscription expires on 31 December 2023. I actually think I should have a paid for subscription right through until September 2024.

Any other existing GP members had issues applying the code?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Game Pass Ultimate

Go to solution

Hi @C_Daniels

If, after the 12 months, you go back to using Microsoft directly you will see any unused months that you had with Xbox before taking the 12 month offer from BT.

Any issues, let me know.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt response, I won't know if there are any problems until next October but will keep a note of this and get in touch with you if any issues.

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

That's what we're here for @C_Daniels.

Hopefully all goes as it should.

Happy New Year and Happy Gaming

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

im in the same position with BT game pass until July and existing subs until april 2024. 

Xbox are rumoured to be introducing a family plan soon which id like to sign up for. is there any way to get control of my account back so i can do so?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

All I can say is that taking that 6 months free GPU in February last year is the worst thing I've ever done in decades of gaming. 

I still had 6 months of GPU subscription of mine on the account when I activated what BT gave me so the combined 12 months stacked. So all was fine for a year but there has been nothing but grief since my GPU expired, after 5 weeks of relentless drama and scores of hours on the phone to both BT and Microsoft there is still absolutely no way of regaining control of my Xbox Account's billing.

The very latest from this morning is we're back to BT saying it's Microsoft that need to cancel my GPU subscription with them because they're only something like a middleman even though Microsoft have now stated on 3 separate occasions it's down to BT to release me from this nonsense. 

The bottom line is line that this really is getting to me now and no, I am not prepared to register a new gamertag as 1 BT agent suggested I should. How does BT deem me just relinquishing 15 years worth of gamerscore, friends and digital purchases is an appropriate fix for a problem that they are aware has been ongoing for well over a year now?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

i had a phone call from BT regarding this issue and was told that after my free year had lapsed control of my account would automatically return to microsoft

i guess from your reply this is incorrect

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Absolute flannel mate, right now at this very moment 2 hour and 14 minutes in to a call having spoken to God knows how many different BT Agents trying to sort this out.

Yesterday I was advised to 'regrade' down to a brand new Fibre 150 contract as that would fix the problem 🤔 even though I was sceptical I went with it. 

So I get up this morning, locked in to 2 years of an inferior service yet my Xbox Account is still totally under BT's control and just to rub salt in to the wounds that 2 years of Fibre 150 is 40 quid a month which is precisely what I was paying for Fibre 500.

Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi there,

I claimed the 12 month game pass offer over a year ago and chose to not renew through BT. I still have active months that were stacked from before claiming. Can I get my game pass account unlinked with BT to resume control through Xbox?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Well in a word, no, and if you want proof of this I'll just post the last response I had from the Mod in here who supposedly deals with this issue....

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your message.

I am so sorry for the time this has taken to resolve.  I passed this to the team for you who really should have came back now to confirm that this is resolved. Let me chase this for you this afternoon and I will get back to you.   No need to apologise for bending my ear - as an avid online gamer myself I feel your pain.

I'll catch up with you again soon

......that was on the 22nd of February and I have messaged him twice since trying to get an update yet not a squeak back.

Absolutely disgusting and precisely why I would urge anyone not to bother taking this free GPU offer.

0 Ratings