cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Cannot Receive Incoming Calls

Go to solution

HELP! Need a moderator.

Installed BT Fibre and Digital Voice end of November 2022. My number was ported early January 2023. I can make calls out but, can only receive calls from BT landline or EE Mobiles. No one else can phone me.

May hours and call to BT robots and call centres have not solved the problem.

BT Qube engineer visit could not understand why. Open Reach Engineer visit replaced wall modem to no avail. Open Reach suggested asking BT to replace router.  Open Reach also suggested that the Software build needs deleting and replace with new.

It has been 7 weeks since installation and 2 weeks since number porting.

Can anyone help please

Tony

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cannot Receive Incoming Calls

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

The port has not completed, contact BT and explain you're unable to receive some calls.
An engineer or new equipment isn't the answer, it's not a fault otherwise all calls would be impacted, the routing or porting isn't completed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

did you post your number from SKY as it seems a common problem when porting to BT from SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Convert99 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry there's been a problem porting the number over. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details @Convert99 .

Leave this with me and I'll get it looked into. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Was just about to say to the original poster he needs you!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you to DavidM and JohnC moderators for resolving the issue. My friends and family can now call me from any network.

Tony

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@Convert99 wrote:

Thank you to DavidM and JohnC moderators for resolving the issue. My friends and family can now call me from any network.

Tony

You're welcome @Convert99

I am glad we could help get things sorted.  Are you happy for us to close this off from here now that everything is resolved?

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings