cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 56

Re: Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi Bob 101I had to start some where ,these people put me in touch with with the customer resolution team who allotted me a contact who would push the complaint forward.This proved to be a lady who after three weeks was no further forward than I was before,she then booked the problem/complaint off  saying all was well,it wasn’t.I re contacted the resolution team spoke to a gentleman call James who took all the info and called  me back within two hours with the problem fixed.I am unaware what the outcome/problem was with the digital voice line although I am now claiming compensation for forty six days without a phone plus three months line rental rebate

Phil T

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 56

Go to solution

Well done Phil! I’m pleased for you. It’ll be interesting to hear what the solution was.

In my case it’s “stalemate” after almost 10 weeks! On Thursday last a Home Tech Expert from a company named “Enjoy” (funded by BT) came to my home and tried various things, including another hub, with no success. He confirmed everything was set up correctly and phoned the engineers who agreed to come out on Monday (tomorrow). That same afternoon I had a call from BT, who had seen his report, saying I don’t need an engineer because both the engineer who came out about 4 weeks ago and Openreach insist there isn’t a fault. Instead I was told I’d be sent another hub (which will be the 4th that’s been tried) and two new digital phones. The new equipment arrived yesterday and it was no surprise that DV still won’t connect.

It’s beginning to sound like an alternative seasonal song “On the first day of Christmas BT sent to me…” one adapter, two Home Tech Experts, three smart hubs, four digital phones! All I need now is five (gold) rings… even hearing just one ring from my landline would be welcome!

So, as I said above, it’s stalemate. Whether the engineer booked for tomorrow turns up is anyone’s guess! BT have promised to phone on Tuesday to ask how I got on with the new equipment. Happily for them I’m not one for using bad language.

Look forward to hearing what was at fault in your case, and thank you for the update.

Kay

Message 13 of 56

Go to solution

Hi Kay ,I don’t believe it’s a fault as such more an activation problem at the far end.

Phil T

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 56

Go to solution

Thanks Phil. I’ll suggest that to BT when they phone on Tuesday, and will cite your situation if that’s ok with you. I’ll keep you posted.

Kay 🤞

Message 15 of 56

Go to solution

You should mention complaining to Ofcom and the huge amount of compensation you will claiming at roughly £8 per days loss of service.

Message 16 of 56

Go to solution
Hi dephead, thanks for that I will need to find out what exactly the problem was then speak to the accounts people.
Phil T
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 56

Go to solution

No need! It's loss of service irrespective of cause. It's an Ofcom agreed tarrif with all isps

Message 18 of 56

Go to solution
Just make a Complaint then it'll get done as quick as lightning
Message 19 of 56

Go to solution

Can I join this club please? 😂

OK, I haven't yet served my time as I was switched to Digital Voice only this week. The line went dead (lost dial tone) on Tuesday which I assumed was in preparation for the switch. I got a "good to go" email in the small hours on Wednesday and switched the phone to the back of the router as per instructions and nothing - no dial tone - since.

If I call my own number it goes straight to voicemail - which is interesting since we didn't have that before so 'something' has changed.

The hub admin page shows the 'phone as "Not configured". I'm rather assuming that if it were configured that it would show the provisioned number - can anyone confirm or otherwise?

I've started working my way through the support process - so far the line test folk and the Digital Voice 'online' who have attempted re-provisioning and failed. It's now with Digital Voice Offline apparently and a complaint has been raised. I'm now looking around for fellow sufferers and any available information ... 😉

Philip

Philip
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 56

Go to solution
Hi Philip42h
Not configured showing on router should not be a problem, if you log in to your BT account and track your order to see how far it has progressed.
Phil5253
0 Ratings