BT Usage Monitor

The Plusnet (BT subsiidiary) Usage Monitor is more sophisticated than that offered by BT. Can we please have the BT one updated to provide similar facilities. The desirable features are

1. Usage displayed ony 2hours out of date

2. Usage this month broken down on a daily basis.

3. Usage breakdown by activity showing surfing, email, streaming, FTP, Peer to Peer etc.

4. The ability to put a cap on usage so that the user does not go over their monthly allowance. 

65 Comments
creon
Contributor

yes yes good idea, and also how about its accessibility can we have it on our desktop instaed of having to access our account?

Bought an iPad to read e-books at night & my broadband usage shot up prompting e-mails from BT warning me about using my allowance before the month was up. Although the iPad stores your books on its memory the device roams all the time it's on so the answer to this (and it might apply to any android / device etc) is to pull the plug on the hub when you want to use the device but not the Internet.
john46
Distinguished Sage

I personally like the idea if it could be done easily 

KerryG
Community Manager - Retired
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed
Thanks for the suggestion guys - i've passed on this initial feedback but would like to see what other people's thoughts are - add you feedback in the comments. Thx Kerry
Rottie
Recognised Expert

Another great idea! 😄 To expand on creon's comment, I'd LOVE to see a dashboard widget for OS X! 😄

Soulvache
Aspiring Expert

I am in agreement with the above. In fact, I have never even been able to view my monitor!

Kyle

ComputerGeek
Expert

What would be nice if it is possible to categories the devices and view the data transmission on each then using that data to further analyse what data is being used as mentioned before

djh22
Recognised Expert

Very good suggestions,but I'm just a tad worried that the more complex it is the more it could go wrong.

Del.

skhan786
Aspiring Contributor
I wouldlike to have one that can show me what devices are connected and how much each device uses and if possible a way for me to limit each device to a certian speed This would be really helpful and should stop me from going over the limits
kajol
Aspiring Contributor

I have just found this after asking if BT provided this service in the BB forum, so as far as I am concerned it should already be available, I mean BT are supposed to be the leaders not playing catch up, I wonder why BT are so hesitant to be transparent about customer usage?