cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 952

Re: BT E Mail

@RHaslam72 

Conversation view still works for me in exactly the same way as it used to on the "old" interface so it is obviously not a general problem.

What browser are you using and are you using the "Desktop View" if using a mobile device?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 952

@gg30340  Hi, I've tried Edge & Firefox on my PC same thing. Toggling conversation view just adds a new column to the inbox now.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 952

It adds a new column but that new column should show emails that are a "conversation" with a small box showing the number of email in that conversation. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 952

@gg30340 Makes sense, I don't have any suitable mails in my Inbox just now so the new column is empty.  So it looks like this, still grouped:

BT Mail.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 952

I think we are talking at crossed purposes. When I refer to grouping I am meaning emails from the same person during the course of which you are using the "reply to" function because the email is in effect a "conversation".

EDIT: Try sending an email to your self then use the "reply to" to answer it and it should show the small number box and the two emails grouped together and when you open the group you will see the "conversation".

What do you mean by grouping?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 952

@gg30340 Ah, sorry for not being more clear. This new  (new to BT mail anyway) feature where it groups mails by date with a honking great separator. Outlook does it by default as well but you can switch of in View settings. I appreciate its a very petty point but I have always disliked it.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 952

@RHaslam72 wrote:

@gg30340 Ah, sorry for not being more clear. This new  (new to BT mail anyway) feature where it groups mails by date with a honking great separator. Outlook does it by default as well but you can switch of in View settings. I appreciate its a very petty point but I have always disliked it.

No, that "wonderful" new development is now a feature of the email interface and can not be turned off or if it can I can not find it!

see link

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

Message 18 of 952

@gg30340 Ha ha, wonderful indeed. Thank you again for the responses, appreciate you taking the time. If I ever find the off switch I'll be sure to share.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 952

There is another issue I have now if anyone could help? Whenever I reply to emails all the text that is sent with my email appears to includes HTML and it sends this to the sender as well. Is there a way to change that?

For example I recently replied to an email and it included a load of code in the email which also shows in my send box?

<help@zendesk.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Contact Us -
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_19970_1599740236.1705499334545"
User-Agent: OWM Mail 3
X-SID: 126
X-Originating-IP: []

------=_Part_19970_1599740236.1705493395545
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello,
=C2=A0
Thank you for your reply.
=C2=A0=C2=A330 worth of points on my account ?
=C2=A0
Please let me know if you require anything further.
=C2=A0
Best Regards,
=C2=A0
=C2=A0
------ Original Message ------
To: removed
Sent: Wednesday, January 17th 2024, 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: Contact Us -
=C2=A0

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 952

Hi @Toilet-Duck I'm sorry about that, the email team advised me they've fixed that problem. Can you try again and let me know if it's working?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings