BT Advance 'phone arrived this morning so I've tried it. I didn't expect it to pair and, of course, it doesn't.
Switch it on and it says "Register this handset to the hub". Press OK and it says "Press the WPS button ...". Do that and the WPS button on the router flashes but nothing much else happens. After a while the 'phone gives three short beeps and we are back to: "Register this handset to the hub" ... <repeats>
So either the SH2 is faulty and doesn't support DECT or it hasn't been set-up correctly - my money is on the later but I'm prepared to bet that I'll have a new SH2 by the end of next week. 🤣
Meanwhile I'm waiting for a call back from "offline support" for Digital Voice (I think) and I now realise that I don't have any fault code to track. Interestingly, now that I've run through the available online diagnostics etc. it is clear the BT think that Digital Voice has been correctly provisioned so it will be interesting to learn where the disconnect is (if I ever do).
I've better things to attend to this w/e - youngest is getting married - so I'll re-engage with BT next week ...
as I posted before you won't make any progress until you see your phone number in hub manager showing DV active
If it’s anything like my experience, Openreach just won’t accept DV isn’t successfully activated. Robert the engineer argued with them yesterday and they finally agreed to look at the issue yet again! I’ve been promised a call back on Wednesday (1 June).
Today I received a letter from BT apologising for the delay in dealing with my complaint and, if I want to take it further, I’m to contact the ombudsman… too late, already done it mate!!
Thank you for the advice Phil, re Clive Shelley - I have his email address pencilled in my diary for next Wednesday afternoon!
Hope the sun shines brightly for tomorrow’s wedding Philip.
The wedding was wonderful ... 😀
... and I got back yesterday to another "Philip, your phone line has switched to Digital Voice" email, and this time it had - everything works exactly as it should. I've now replace four old 'phones with four new ones ... 👍
I'd love to know what BT got wrong, and now have managed to correct, but I suspect that I never will.
Finally! Finally!! Just to report that yesterday, after 13+ weeks, BT found the fault on my line thanks to their resolution team.
My hero, Ross, found the serial number on my SH2 didn’t tally with the number coming up on BT’s screen, but showed it as being “in use” at an address three streets away from my home. So all along it was crossed wires! The transfer to DV hadn’t happened at the other address, hence they weren’t affected. An engineer is coming out on Tuesday morning to fix the problem.
I feel strangely calm and peaceful today!
Kind regards to all. It’s been good “messaging” with you.