BT Usage Monitor

The Plusnet (BT subsiidiary) Usage Monitor is more sophisticated than that offered by BT. Can we please have the BT one updated to provide similar facilities. The desirable features are

1. Usage displayed ony 2hours out of date

2. Usage this month broken down on a daily basis.

3. Usage breakdown by activity showing surfing, email, streaming, FTP, Peer to Peer etc.

4. The ability to put a cap on usage so that the user does not go over their monthly allowance. 

65 Comments
maglin
Aspiring Expert
Given the recent problems posted on the board, this has got to be a good idea
Joyce65

Would like the Plusnet idea also. Because all of a sudden I am going over and I am using it less ? (EG Been away from home more )

Lyn2000
Contributor

My BT broadband usage meter has been down for over a month.  I've been told by BT customer services that it will be down for another month. I think this is very poor service. In other words, I have no usage meter. I think in future that BT should not change a service or product, until they can change it over more quickly. It's really bad. So my input to this debate over the usage meter, is- can BT actually provide one for me please! Don't upgrade your products BT, until you can actually manage a change over that does not impact on your customer's user experience. I would expect this poor service from some cheap internet firm, not from BT! They should not have taken my access to the old usage meter down, until they had migrated the new system to my account properly. Disgraceful!

ukste12
Beginner

why change somthing that aint broken ?

kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
I guess this would be a great idea as it has more information on what you have used. Also could it be possible to have it as a widget on the desktop and a app for devices?
skhan786
Aspiring Contributor
Would love to see one Then I would know how much I really use
PaddyRay
Contributor

I received "near your limit" warning quoting my usage to date. When I finally find the Monitor it confirms exactly what I already know from the the warning message. The only difference is it is in a straight line graph format.

I normally do not hit or go near my usage limit so what caused this change and when? Just showing a daily usage history would be a great help. I could see on which days I hit a high and discover what Actions caused the sudden increase. For example I recently, by mistake down loaded Sweetim and in all my efforts to get rid my have used a lot of broadband. Had I had a daily indicator and Sweetim was the culprit then I would see all the action was yesterday.

Iain_L
Contributor

Great idea. Current monitor not very helpful.

Paul1360
Expert

Archive of usage would be good also and all the OP stated

iechyd da

christine_middel
Beginner

When will maintenance be finished i keep getting this message

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/a4NY8.jpg[/IMG]   for over a week now Man Mad