cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 39

Digital voice incoming call issues

Go to solution

Totally frustrated with BT.

After being given no option but to transfer over to digital voice we have had a constant issue and been unable to receive incoming calls from other landlines.

I have spoken to BT customer support and tech and I now feel like I am just being fobbed off. Once again I have been asked to leave it with them for a couple of days and they will come back to me. 

They don’t seem to get it that when elderly relatives can’t get through they don’t have mobile phones to call you on. 

Sorry but I’m really frustrated that I am being told there is no fault because everything works ok when they call me, however there must be a fault as none of our parents can get through to us! 

Who knows what other calls we are missing as well.

Any input would be appreciated. Is there any way to escalate it to get an engineer rather than a tech on the phone? 

How can I tell if they are actually doing anything?

This has been going on for weeks now and we are fed up of being fobbed off with no proper explanation and told they will come back to us in a couple of days.

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39

Re: Digital voice incoming call issues

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 39

Go to solution

can you make outgoing calls?

are you dealing with FTTP TEAM who handle DV?  if not phone them 08005874787  if you get diverted to CS as they are busy then hang up and try bit later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 39

Go to solution

I have been told that it is being passed to open reach and to give it a few days

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 39

Go to solution

@Albatewrote:

I have been told that it is being passed to open reach and to give it a few days

Have BT found a fault with your broadband ? If no then Openreach can't do anything to help with a Digital Voice issue, to Openreach you have no telephony service, you have broadband only because DV is not an Openreach product.

You mention incoming call issues, does that mean outgoing are ok? If yes then you have a porting/routing issue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 39

Go to solution

Hi, 

Yes we can make calls and receive calls from mobile numbers. We only have problems receiving calls from land lines. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 39

Go to solution

@Albatewrote:

Hi, 

Yes we can make calls and receive calls from mobile numbers. We only have problems receiving calls from land lines. 

Ok, then you definitely have a porting/routing issue which the Openreach engineer will not be able to resolve.

I'll ask a passing forum moderator to reach out, they can cancel the Openreach visit so someone else can use the slot.

In the meantime, can you make a note of a few numbers you can call, the time of the call and if needed the network you rang (o2 mobile, Sky landline etc), then try and do the same for incoming calls, it will help for a network trace to see where the calls are stopping.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Albate, sorry you're not receiving all your calls since moving to Digital Voice.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

Cheers

John

Message 9 of 39

Go to solution

Quick update.

Another week has passed and I have received no update from BT and my elderly relatives still cannot call us.

Thanks BT  

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 39

Go to solution

Did you contact the mods as offered?

0 Ratings